Thursday, May 7, 2009

REFLECTIONS FROM CAPT.MACHARIA

It is now one year since I arrived here in Madagascar from Kenya to work as a missionary. I love this country despite the chaos that currently rocks it.
The month of March was especially good since my health improved tremendously. Since January I stayed in the house most of the time with a big gaping wound at the rear of my head that looked horrible after my surgery! Not to mention that whenever I went out I had to constantly wear a hat to repel the attention I was drawing from people. Since March, however, I’ve been operating without wearing a hat and the wound is now healed! Thank you for your prayers.
I am now developing an evangelistic strategy for South Madagascar and I request for prayers that God may give me guidance on this.
I started the month of March on a high note after I preached the gospel in an English institute to mostly university students and virtually everyone there accepted Christ. The challenge here in Madagascar is the discipleship of new converts. People here seem to accept Christ so as not to embarrass the evangelist but when you try to follow-up they are not interested! So pray for people here to be convicted by the Holy Spirit to make genuine decisions for Christ!

No comments: