Thursday, May 7, 2009

A MYSTERIOUS SICKNESS

The year 2009 began in style in Toliara with the New Year’s message shared by Captain Macharia. All went well until the 10th of January when things took an opposite direction. Duncan had an infection at the back of his head that required a minor operation to be done. It did not seem anything to be alarmed about until I took him to a local hospital. I still can remember that day when the doctor said, “Thanks for coming with him, so could you please wait for him out there?” I did as was requested, but I got a bit nervous when it took longer than I expected. While still there, I saw Duncan brought out on a stretcher! He looked tired and had to rest for around thirty or so before he could gain some strength. Surprisingly he was unable to walk! The operation left a wound at his nape that took a long time to heal. Then, in early February I also got attacked by a mysterious sickness -- a stomach illness they said, which was probably caused by water or food that was not well cooked. By then Duncan had not yet recovered and I got also sick. This was a very hard time for us, but by the grace and mercy of God we have recovered. We thank God for giving us good health once again as we continue to serve him in Madagascar.

No comments: