Friday, April 25, 2008

About Victor


I came to faith when I was 12 years old. I was still a Sunday school child and I remember when our teacher asked if there was anyone who wanted to give his/her life to Christ. I raised my hand. At that time I had no idea what the Lord wanted me to do in my life or how he might desire to use me.

While I was in high school, it became clear to me that the Lord was calling me to Christian ministry. I began to work with the children and youth ministries and became very active in my church, Holy Trinity, Kibera. I served as a children’s ministry coordinator at the local church, parish and deanery level and also as a youth coordinator at the parish level. I also served as a deanery evangelist and helped in networking and forming partnerships with various churches, both within and outside our diocese. Through these ministries I discovered that I had various gifts and a special passion for evangelism.

After high school, I wanted to continue to grow in my faith and explore opportunities for evangelism. Eventually, God led me to study Urban Missions at Carlile College. During the three-year program, I learned about creative, contextual and relevant approaches to Christian ministry. I gained knowledge and practical experience in missions, outreach, and evangelism. I continued to serve at my home church in Kibera until recently when the Lord impressed upon my heart the call to serve Him in a new place, the Toliara region of Madagacar. I will be working as an evangelist and am excited to go and establish new communities of faith in a new context.

Contact Victor Osoro in Toliara, Madagascar at: vickosoro@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Victor is like one of the humbliest guys around and i am happy to see God lift him in the ways only God can. Vic as you go out there remember someone in Toliara will see heaven because you were willing to go! Baraka!