Monday, March 22, 2010

WORKING HARD IN MADAGASCAR

It has been a year and nine months since I left Kenya to serve as a missionary in Madagascar.

On the 14th of January, 2010 my friend and I started a house-to-house campaign, from Tuesday to Friday at an area known as Jirama. This was done wit a view to starting anew fellowship in the place since we do not ave a church there. On the 14th we scrutinized the area. We found three major streets there and we decided to prioritize the houses in one of the streets. We were especially looking for people who hardly go to church on Sundays.

Being a foreigner, I was well received. I had the chance of presenting the gospel to many people and some received Christ. At te same time I was trusting God to guide me on where I could start afellowship. Whenever we visited a house we revisited them in subsequent days to continue sharing God's word and developing ties with people from that region. One day, an elderly woman who had been an alcohol addict for five years received Christ in tears; I was deeply moved and overjoyed.

Sunday, the 31st January, after two weeks of evangelism I started a fellowship in that region tha will be held every sunday from 3 to 4pm. I will continue to evangelize in the area to strenghthen the fellowship. On the other hand thre is a Friday fellowship we started in Motombe last November. In regards to the Bishop's instructions, I will start a sunday afternoon service next sunday.

In February I will start evangelizing in an area known as Magro with a view of starting a Sunday service. I hereby request prayers and your support as I seek to start churches and fellowships in Madagascar in this present year 2010. In Madagascar, after a long summer the rains have now come and in this season cyclones are commonly expected, so pray for God's divine protection as we serve as missionaries in Madagascar.

No comments: