Monday, October 12, 2009

A TORNADO HITS TOLIARA

I cannot forget this day. It was a national holiday and everyone was in a jovial mood and excited about the celebration. All was well or so it seemed or so it seemed until evening came and all that changed in a split of a second. All the happiness was suddenly turned into gloom. I was in my house during that time and I heard a sound like an airplane hovering. So I wondered how come the plane does not but seems to go far. All over sudden there was a blackout! The roof of my house was shaking and there was a lot of noise outside. So I thought to myself mmh! Let me open the door and see what is happening. I wish I did not do that. I got the shock of my life. That door pushed me back forcefully and I got myself at the floor. Before I realized it, my window was flung open and there was dust all over. It cooled down after a couple of minutes. I was really shaken.
I later on went to see Duncan’s house just to find out how his situation was. He was fine in his house just wondering where all the dust is coming from in the night. So he picked his spotlight and we went out together to survey what had happened. Destruction, destruction, destruction. Trees had fallen on top of houses, roof tops and doors blown off, electricity poles displaced, some major roads blocked…it was terrible but thank God we were kept safe. Some people were injured and rushed to hospital but there were no any deaths reported. The gasy word for it is rambon’danitra which literally means the heaven’s tail. So it is wiping the earth.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello there,

Did this tornado hot Toliara on 1 November 2009 or was it on any other holiday?