Thursday, January 8, 2009

A New Year - A Time for Teaching and Trusting

Dear Friends,

I like to wish you all a very happy New Year. I crossed into the New Year at church and indeed gave my first sermon of 2009 right after entering the New Year at midnight. I spoke on “Your failures will become successes in 2009”. This was based on Luke Chapter One where Zechariah and Elizabeth were blessed with a son, John the Baptist, at a time when it was not physically possible for them to be gifted with a child. I pray therefore that whatever you have attempted but has not worked out in the past, will work out in 2009 and that you trust in God in all things.

The Saturday morning that followed I preached in the English service and the responses both times were great. I believe this year that there will be great success in my ministry here in Madagascar.

I hope to do evangelism campaigns in Ankilifaly, Anketraka, Andaromena, Sakaraha, Morondava and Fort Dolphin among other places and so please pray for me while I do this.
I am trusting God for resources to facilitate these evangelistic campaigns for example a public address system, generator, lighting system, digital projector, finances, etc. So I continue to be in need of prayer.

There is a small informal bible school that was instituted by the bishop because where I am serving there is a big shortage of clergy, yet the churches are many and more are being planted. He has already instructed me next week to teach on the gospels and this year I will be teaching a lot in the bible school so remember me in your prayers. Pray that I would teach the truth and that God would help me to understand His word when doing my preparation.

Therefore there is a great need for me to advance in my theological studies and so I am trusting God for the resources necessary for me to start doing a course through the internet as soon as possible.

I hope we will continue to walk together in this exciting journey of faith in Madagascar.

Be blessed in 2009.

Yours in Christ

Duncan

No comments: